SBEA+ 2023: Ensuring Success in East African Sports Betting
Africa is poised to become an economic powerhouse. With a rapidly growing middle class of 300 million people, thriving economies, and advancing digital infrastructure, Africa is primed for business opportunities. The rise of disposable income and improved internet connectivity has led to a surge in sports betting in East Africa, making it an enticing form of entertainment amongst local sports fans. This trend has attracted the interest of local and international investors who recognise the lucrative potential of this market.
According to a survey conducted by GeoPoll, the world’s largest mobile survey platform:
- In Kenya, 9% of respondents participated in gaming or betting, compared to 62.74% in Tanzania and 59.99% in Uganda.
- Daily betting rates were highest in Kenya (84%) and Tanzania (30.84%), surpassing the rest of the continent.
- 88% of regular bettors in Africa use mobile phones for placing bets.
- Sports betting dominates the gambling scene in Africa, especially in East Africa, with high participation rates in Tanzania (21%), Kenya (54.52%), and Uganda (58.73%).
- Kenyan players rank second in betting expenditure in Africa, trailing behind Nigeria.
These statistics leave no doubt in the minds of operators and providers that Africa represents the next frontier of sports betting business growth. So, what does it take to succeed in this market?
SBEA+ 2023: Your Gateway to Opportunity in East African Sports Betting
Localisation is paramount for operators in East African countries. Profitability requires careful consideration of local compliance and regulation. Tailored marketing and bonus strategies ensure customer retention and satisfaction. Lightweight platforms optimise hardware usage. Partnering with reputable mobile payment providers is essential due to the prevalence of mobile money in Africa.
SBEA+ 2023 offers a unique opportunity for direct exposure to partnerships and business prospects in East African sports betting. The summit facilitates knowledge sharing through a conference covering key topics:
- Africa vs. Europe: Understanding market differences and effective appeal strategies.
- Thriving in the African market: Creative approaches for business growth.
- Capitalising on Esports’ rising popularity in East Africa.
- Cryptocurrency: Passing trend or the future of payments?
- Mobile Gaming: Exploring the future of iGaming through apps.
Additionally, SBEA+ 2023 showcases cutting-edge solutions and services, including NOVOGAMES™ Uganda Limited.
NOVOGAMES™ Uganda Limited is a subsidiary of NOVOMATIC AG Austria, with extensive experience in the international market, and operations in more than 50 countries around the world. The company’s intention is to establish a slot machine assembly plant in Uganda to provide advanced technology products that meet the standards required by Ugandan and East African authorities. Novogames Uganda Ltd provides gambling equipment and maintenance services to all operators who have a valid license issued by the Uganda Lottery Board to operate related equipment.
With only one week left to purchase tickets for this groundbreaking summit, professionals involved in or interested in setting up sports betting operations in East Africa must visit https://www.sportsbettingevents.com/sbea to secure their pass before midnight on 7 July 2023. Don’t miss out on the chance to capitalise on business opportunities in the region!
“SBEA+ 2023 provides a platform for thought leaders, innovators, and industry experts to address the urgent need for exploring sustainable business practices and solutions for a better future”.
– Geoffrey Muindi, Chief Executive Officer, Dive Marketing Limited
“It is important for industry stakeholders to often meet and discuss emerging issues and best practices so as to maximise the positive impact of the industry on the continent.”
– Thomas Buckley Opar Owuor, Independent Platform Consultant (Sports Betting, Payments, Digital Economy)