Digital Division Ltd, the parent company behind industry-leading affiliate portal, Slots Temple,...
Sportradar, the global provider of sports betting and sports entertainment products and services, announced a company-wide reorganisation of its operations, shifting towards a more regionalized approach that offers the flexibility to support future growth.
The new organisational structure serves the continued development of Sportradar’s global betting business, the expansion of its Sports Entertainment vertical, the extension of its gaming and gambling content portfolio creating diversification alongside its ongoing commitment to deliver the most expansive portfolio of live sports content, the ongoing development of Integrity Services and overall, the continued transformation of Sportradar from leading betting data provider into a global technology company. The structure is effective January 1, 2021.
With Carsten Koerl overseeing the company as Group CEO, Sportradar now has three Regional CEOs around the world:
- North America, led by Arne Rees as the CEO of U.S. Rees is based in New York, NY.
- UK/EMEA and LATAM, led by Werner Becher, previously the Managing Director of U.S. Betting. Becher is based in Vienna, Austria.
- Asia Pacific led by Eduard Blonk on an interim basis supported by Michael Maerz as deputy based in Manila. Blonk has also been appointed as Chief Commercial Officer, a role that will encompass the global sales organisation as well as the teams in Sports Content & Partnerships and Integrity Services. Blonk was previously Managing Director of Global Sales and is based in Las Vegas, NV.
Sportradar’s realignment and regional focus will enable the business to operate in closer proximity to its end markets and better support the evolving needs of its customers, partners, sports rights holders, and regulators. Additionally, the repositioning allows the company to further leverage global product development, engineering infrastructure, and operations.
In addition to the regional CEOs and CCO, the following positions will report to Koerl:
- Chief Product Officer, Betting & Gaming – Warren Murphy (formerly MD, Betting/Gaming)
- Chief Product Officer, Sports Entertainment – Rainer Geier (formerly MD, AV, Digital Platforms & Advertising Solutions)
- Chief Technology Officer – Ben Burdsall
- Chief Financial Officer – Alex Gersh
- Chief Strategy Officer – Ulrich Harmuth
“As the leading sports technology and innovation business in sports betting and sports entertainment, Sportradar is fully committed to delivering an unmatched experience to our customers and partners,” said Koerl. “Our updated structure will increase our levels of customer intimacy, agility and overall responsiveness, while also leveraging our tremendous global scale. This reorganisation is a critical step for the future growth of the business, and we will continue to ambitiously set the bar high in the industry.”